Posted on February 17 2016
'Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.' - Coco Chanel
Fashion goes way beyond the clothes we wear and the trends of the season. Its all about feeling good too. It's easy to cover up a few extra pounds with a chunky sweater. But when the temperatures—and the hemlines and shirt sleeves—rise, everyone looks for those quick fixes to get our bodies beach ready.
Coconut oil is the world’s most weight loss friendly fat. It contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful effects on metabolism. Several studies show that just by adding coconut oil to your diet, you can lose fat, especially the “dangerous” fat in the abdominal cavity.
Weight Loss is all about calories. How much do we consume and how much do you use up in a day. It is a decrease in the body weight that arise due to loss of body fat, loss of protein and other substances, or by another health problems.
Coconut oil helps you to say good bye to your excess body fat! Here is all you need to know about how it can help you lose extra body weight.
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Weight Loss:
- Coconut oil has rich source of saturated fats that helps people those who are overweight. A large portion of this fat content is made up of a medium chain saturated fatty acids (MCT) that is 3 times more effective than longer chain counterparts in fighting extra weight.
- MCT boost the metabolism and produces lots of energy that burns additional calories.
- Overweight may also suffer from a condition or disease called yeast infection or Candida characterized by cravings for food, sudden weight gain, stress, fatigue, etc. The medium chain fatty acids can eliminate this.
- Natural weight loss is generally promoted by the detoxification of the body which coconut oil can do.
- It metabolizes fats in the liver and converts it to fuel for the brain and muscle functioning.
- It is thermogenic, which means it increases the energy expenditure by burning more fat.
How to use Coconut Oil for Weight Loss:
Try these methods to burn your extra calories and maintain healthy weight.
Method – 1:
- Use 2 tablespoons of extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil.
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil twice a day around meal times.
- Or Take it right after dinner if dessert is your downfall!
- It can also be used as an olive oil substitute.
Method – 2:
- Add hot water or herbal tea to a tablespoon or two of coconut oil in a mug.
- Stir it well and drink this to aid weight loss.
- Consume this regularly.
Method – 3: (Coconut Oil and Lemon in Hot Water)
- Take a lemon wedge and some lemon juice in a glass.
- Now add a teaspoon of organic coconut oil and some fresh water.
- Now fill the glass with warm water and stir it well.
- Sip it slowly, early in the morning on daily basis.
Method – 4: (Coconut Oil and Green Tea)
- Mix 2 tablespoons of green tea leaves, hot water and coconut oil in a glass.
- Steep it for few minutes and strain the tea.
- Sip it slowly and regularly.
Method – 5:
- Take a couple tablespoons of coconut oil and melt it to add it in your smoothies, protein shakes, fruit juices, apple sauce, cottage cheese or yogurt.
- Or mix coconut oil with extra virgin olive oil in equal quantities as a dressing.
- Use this to spread on toast by adding a little bit of cinnamon powder and honey.
There are many types of coconut oil available, but it is advisable that you use only high quality coconut oil manufactured by a reputed brand.
Make sure it is pure, organic, unprocessed or unrefined extra virgin coconut oil as this preserves all the necessary essential micronutrients. Unrefined or unprocessed coconut oil is free from many harmful chemical compounds.
Virgin coconut oil is also good. These are cold-pressed and contain a lot of anti-oxidants.
We have all learned over time that there are very few quick fixes..... but we can all make one small change. So, what are you waiting for?